Purpose Financial and its family of brands — including Advance America, Perch Loans and Fortuna Credit — exist to offer a variety of innovative credit solutions and resources to meet our customers’ ever-evolving financial needs.
Why do we do it?
Our sole purpose is to help each customer achieve their version of financial stability in the moment and in the future.
At Purpose Financial, we strive to make our solutions accessible, simple and straightforward so that our customers have the tools and resources they need to succeed. Consumers know that when they choose Purpose, they’re backed by a trusted, reliable financial services company with:
A history of trustworthy lending.
Founded in 1997 as Advance America, we’ve grown to become one of the largest state-licensed consumer lenders in the United States. In the 25 years that have followed, we’ve acquired loan companies and launched new companies with the goal of meeting the unique needs of our customers. In 2020, we evolved our corporate identity to Purpose Financial to oversee our family of brands from a single mindset, ensuring each brand has its own identity while adhering to our overarching mission.
Meet the brands under the Purpose Financial umbrella.
Our in-person and online-lending brand, Advance America, services thousands of individuals locally and online through a variety of personalized financial solutions.
Perch Loans is our online lending brand with lower rates, longer terms and larger loan amounts than many short-term loans.
Fortuna Credit is an online lending marketplace, focused on financial wellness tools and connecting consumers with the best options on financial services.
Meet our leaders.
- Joined Purpose Financial in 2009
- Previously at Regional Law Firm and various government-related positions
- South Carolina State Bar member
- Joined Purpose Financial in 2018
- Previously Chief Analytics Officer at Braviant Holdings
- Former VP Marketing/Managing Director of Data Science at Springleaf Financial and iLoan
- Joined Purpose Financial in 2011
- Previously Assurance Manager at EY
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant in South Carolina
- Joined Purpose Financial in 2022
- Previously COO of Above Lending and CEO of Align Income Share Funding
- Served 8 years active duty as an officer in the US Navy
- Joined Purpose Financial in 2012
- 21 years in technology: Asset Management Software, Telecom, Financial Services
- Management positions in Development, Project Management QA & Business Analysis
- Joined Purpose Financial in 2010
- Association of Corporate Counsel, South Carolina Board Member
- Georgia Bar Member and South Carolina Limited Certificate Admission
- Joined Purpose Financial in 2014
- Previously SVP of Consumer Lending at First Bank of Delaware
- Former Controller for Currency One (Philadelphia-based financial services company)
- Joined Purpose Financial in 2007
- Previously Risk Manager, Buffets, Inc.
- SPHR and CBP Certifications
- Joined Purpose Financial in 2011
- Previously with Deloitte, providing attestation & consulting services
- Licensed Certified Public Accountant in Illinois
- Joined Purpose Financial in 1998 (tenure with PF: CSM, DDO, RDO, ZEVP)
- Former Owner/Operator of Pacific Wholesale Auto Sales (independent auto dealer)
- Former Sales Manager at McCarthy Auto Sales
- Joined Purpose Financial in 2021
- Former Senior Managing Director for OneMain Financial
- Former Vice President/Director of Operations for American General Finance